This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey shows how to ensure clean water for your entire home. (See below for a shopping list and tools.)
Click here to subscribe to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Widsc...
How to Install a Water Filter with a Separate Faucet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lhNM...
How to Install an Under-Sink Water Filter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM7Tjpem4w&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV&index=324
How to Install a Heat Pump Water Filter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeMqq5T2dCQ&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV&index=17
Shopping List for How to Install a Whole-House Water Filter:
- whole-house water filter
- ball valves, used to shut off water before and after filter
- solderless brass fittings, for joining cold-water line to copper pipe and filter housing
- copper pipe, for connecting filter to cold-water line
- teflon tape, for sealing threaded fittings
- plywood panel, used to attach the filter's mounting bracket
Tools for How to Install a Whole-House Water Filter:
- pliers, for tightening plumbing connections
- pipe wrench, for tightening plumbing connections
- ratchet wrench and sockets, for fastening the filter's mounting bracket
- close-quarter hacksaw, used to cut water pipes
- cordless drill, for screwing the plywood panel to the wall
Follow This Old House: