In 1939 The Corinthian Yacht Club members, of Marblehead, Massachusetts, were looking for a spirited one-design club boat for Massachusetts Bay, having searched for a low cost, low maintenance solution they decided on and sponsored the Lawley 225. Further evolved and improved by C. Raymond Hunt and Frank C. Paine, “Egeria” was the first of the 225 class boats, known as 225/1. “Egeria” proved to be very fast, beating most of the class boats in Marblehead except the 30-Square-Metres.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment